Dispensing is an impromptu podcast series where Moesh and other prominent members of the Minecraft game development community discuss various aspects of Minecraft, its community, and the art of making games with Minecraft.
The inaugural episode of the impromptu Dispensing podcast features the creator of Simburbia and City of Love; the incomparable Jigarbov. We discuss the release of Minecraft 1.8.6 and its impact on the Minecraft game development community.
Listen to what prominent Minecraft map makers think about Minecraft.
Activation and Data Values
This episode has explicit language. I apologize for this. Stick with it, the conversation gets really interesting after I settle down. I will do better in the future.
The Dispensed Items
- 00:15: Comparing Redstone to Command Blocks
- 03:20: “Builders versus redstoners”
- 07:25: “Concept creators vs map makers”
- 08:18: Jigarbov talks about Dispensers and leaving the technical community
- 10:00: Old Dogs of Redstone vs Cutting Edge Mechanics (Command Blockers)
- 12:02: How Minecraft 1.8.6 affects Simburbia and map makers
- 16:40: Some maps are meant for specific versions of Minecraft
- 20:44: Block models and Jesper the End
- 23:35: Inefficiencies of dispensing Command Blocks
- 29:51: A minor release which breaks months and months of work
Refill the Dispenser
Who do you want to hear from next?
Leave your thoughts in the comments below.