We take a look at flow, Mizzle II, and announce the (quiet) release of Simburbia! We’re joined by rsmalec, the map reviewer extraordinaire for a roundtable discussion on tropes in Minecraft custom maps.
Editor’s note: Apologies for the late arrival of this podcast. The audio recording may also include some desyncing issues. We’ve been working for hours to manually clear them up.
Listener Survey: Please take our survey to let us know what you think of the show!
We’re now available on iTunes! Search the store for “Limited Engagement” in the Podcast section!
- 00:01:07 – Introduction
- 00:01:22 – Editorial from Moesh
- 00:02:07 – Host introductions
Response from Community Challenge
From the Mouth of Mojang
- 00:22:05– Minecraft 1.8 Pre-release – The Bountiful Update
- 00:30:20– bukkit to be continued by Dinnerbone
- 00:32:04– Minecon moved to Spring 2015
- 00:36:17– Diamond Quest by keyofw
- 00:39:26– Capture the Tower by InhumanTadpole
- 00:42:34– Minecraft Armor Stand
- 00:45:00– Mineathon
- 00:52:25– Mario Boss by Brutec
- 01:01:30– flow (Minigame) by nuthingbetter2do
- 01:05:31– Mizzle II by Mlakuss
- 01:16:00 – Simburbia by Jigarbov
- 01:21:45– Tropes
- 01:48:45– Community Challenge: Play a custom map. Identify the tropes used in the map. Be as descriptive as you please.
- 01:50:30– Closing words
- Add “mdaligulv” on Skype to get added to the Crit.Map chat, a group which supports and connects novice map makers!