Dispensing is an impromptu podcast series where Moesh and other prominent members of the Minecraft game development community discuss various aspects of Minecraft, its community, and the art of making games with Minecraft.
In this episode of Dispensing, theqmagnet and I discuss how we’ve made Minecraft something it was never meant to be.
Activation and Data Values
The Dispensed Items
- 00:15 – Introducing theqmagnet as a legend
- 01:56 – Establishing a brand name as a map maker
- 06:01 – “They’re not playing Minecraft, they’re playing Diversity.”
- 08:50 – Making Minecraft what it was never supposed to be
- 10:29 – Searge creating map making features while on vacation
- 11:40 – jeb_ thoughts on Minecraft maps at the first Minecon
- 13:00 – Comparing Minecraft’s community to Super Smash Bros Melee
- 16:00 – How to explain what you do to people who don’t play Minecraft
- 19:00 – The evolution of Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, and DotA
- 21:04 – The benefits of free and premium content
- 23:50 – Valve makes bank on their free games
- 25:00 – Effort and value
- 29:40 – “There is no architecture that helps us …”
Refill the Dispenser
Who do you want to hear from next?
Leave your thoughts in the comments below.